Matte Business Cards Printing
Business Cards make a big impact. This is why quality is important.?Matte business cards are printed in full CMYK color on your choice of 14PT or 16PT car stock. A dull aqueous coating is applied to the card after printing giving a uniform matte finish.
Customize your product:
When printing, 300 PPI is the best print resolution for digital printers. The design of a file with a resolution below 300 PPI will result in blurring and pixelization. On the other hand, you should not design with a resolution higher than 300 PPI. As far as the eye can see, there will be no difference in print quality. It will also make your file much larger (increase file upload/transfer time).
We always recommend 300 PPI drawings to print, but we also know that sometimes you do not have the ability to edit your drawings. If you cannot print your files with a resolution of 300 PPI, you will have to take some measures to ensure that a lower resolution works for you.
We recommend that you set the resolution in your graphics editor (i.e. Photoshop) to 300 PPI before you start drawing your file. Increasing the resolution after the start will still result in blurring/pixelation.
All the work is checked by our team before printing. If we have any problems with the files, we will contact you and advise you how to change the format. Please note that conversion of both color and size mode will be done automatically without prior information.
During the analysis of the illustrations, we check
– if the files are presented in one of the accepted formats (PDF, JPG, TIFF, EPS or PS).
– if the number of pages is correct
– if the file supplied is greyscale (only if you have ordered a color print)
– if the file is the right size (otherwise we will scale your work to the desired size, however, this may result in a reduction in resolution. No additional bleeding will be added to the process either).
– if the drill lines have been specified
– if the appropriate fonts have been incorporated into the file.
To ensure that there are no white areas on the printed product, all files submitted should have a 2mm bleed on each side. This means that your design (both images and graphics) should always be 2mm larger than the actual print format. Failure to do so may result in slight variations, resulting in white margins. To ensure that the fonts and essential elements of your drawing are visible, place them at least 3mm away from the final format (not including bleeding) and do not use edges as edges in layouts.
– If you are submitting data for printing in an open format, the bleed should be 4mm on each side (e.g. A4 size including bleed should be 301×214mm).
– If you are submitting files for presentation folders, banners, monthly calendars, packaging or any other promotional technology products, please prepare a file with 3mm bleed on each side
– Envelopes should be supplied with a 1mm bleed.
– The textile elastic frames must be bled 15mm.
If you need more information, please consult our artwork instructions.
You can upload files in the following formats:
JPG, PDF, EPS, TIFF, PS (PostScript)
Make sure that your PDF file is saved directly from your graphics program in standard PDF/X format (PDF/X3 or PDF/X1a). To avoid problems with layers and transparencies during the printing process, it is recommended to use the “1.3 compatibility” setting when saving artworks.
If you are sending TIFF files, be sure to reduce the number of layers to one.
To avoid problems with color variation or printed image, please do not use pre-separated data from DCS EPS.
We are open for pick-up Monday to Friday from 10am to 6pm. After hours, you can always fill out our /contact/ form and we will contact you within one hour during business hours. We offer two locations in downtown New York City. Check which is more convenient – the SOHO district of Manhattan or Bensonhurst area, Brooklyn. Both our offices are easily accessible by subway and car.
Quality and consistency are an important part of every printing job in New York City. We employ only the professionals who run our machines, and our talented design team is ready to help you design your next printing project. At Printing New York, we only accept orders online, however, if you have any questions or concerns about placing your order, please call us and we will have a member of our team accompany you throughout the process. Our expert and friendly advice, combined with our talented designers and professional printing staff, all combine to give our clients a service that will take you to the extreme. Stop by one of our New York offices and see for yourself.
Yes we are! We offer the widest range of eco-friendly printing products available in New York using soy ink, including recycled business cards, brochures, presentation folders, sales sheets, stationery, catalogs, flyers, calendars and more. Recycled paper is now our standard stock.
Historically, the printing industry has had a poor reputation for caring for the environment, with excessive use of water and electricity, paper waste and the use of volatile chemicals resulting in toxic waste. Protecting the environment is one of New York Print’s major concerns, and we strive to put our planet first.
And this is how Print New York is making a difference:
– Using soy-based inks
– Use of recycled paper stocks as standard
– Printing methods, such as duplex printing, that reduce paper usage
– Modern machines that significantly reduce energy consumption
– Elimination of toxic and volatile chemicals
– Alcohol-free presses
– We recycle redundant machines and computer parts.
– We recycle our printing plates, press blankets, bottles, cans and containers